It is important to learn the process to clean fur since it is one of the most common materials in the textile industry. The fur is one of the most durable materials and it can last for a long period if it is properly maintained. Most people tend to get professional help in order to clean fur due to their sophisticated nature. We also recommend that if the item is more expensive than it is more helpful to get professional help. However, in case it is not viable to get professional help then it is also possible to perform a cleaning process at home to effectively clean fur. In this article, we will explain a process using which the readers can clean and deodorize fur items at home.
Procedure to carry out general fur cleaning
The general cleaning of fur items should be carried out on a regular basis. The steps involved in
the process to clean fur are as below:
- In the first step, shake the fur clothes properly in order to remove any dirt or dust particles present on the material. Continue the process for at least a minute so that loosely stuck dirt particles start to lose their bond with fur.
- Now hang the item in order to clean it with the help of a brush. Gently rub the brush on the item in order to remove dust particles present on the material.
- Now survey the cloth for the presence of any stains on it. In case the stains are present on the item then we recommend using a cleaning solution in order to remove them.
- We recommend applying the cleaning solution with the help of cleaning cloth on the areas of the item where the stains are present.
- Soak the cleaning cloth in the solution and rub it on the areas where stains are present. Continue the process for some time in order to achieve desirable results.
- Now soak cleaning cloth in clean water and rub it on the areas where the cleaning solution was applied. This will help remove the cleaning agent residue.
- Let the item dry in the air for some time.
Deodorizing fur items
Over the course of time, fur items tend to get an odor. It is, therefore, important to clean fur and perform a deodorizing process in order to achieve the best results. The steps involved in the process to deodorize fur are as below:
- We recommend using a vinyl garment bag in order to remove the odor of the items.
- Take a vinyl garment bag of an appropriate size to store the item that needs deodorizing.
- Now, take a little amount of coffee ground and place it inside the garment bag.
- Now, place the item inside the bag and seal it properly so that air cannot enter inside the bag.
- Keep the bag sealed for at least a day so that the odor of the item can be removed by coffee ground.
- Remove the material from the bag after one day and hang it in the air for some time. Store the item properly afterward.